HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide a basic first aid and life support response and manage the incident of a suddenly sick or injured person until professional help arrives. All First Aid Training is conducted in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Our professional trainers will guide you through the knowledge and skills to give you the confidence to respond to or manage an emergency situation.
Course Duration: 6 hours face to face training
Course cost: $90.00pp
Note: Additional fees will apply for courses outside metropolitan Adelaide.
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- DRSABCD action plan
- Unconscious breathing casualty management
- Unconscious, non-breathing casualty management
- CPR and use of an Automated external defibrillator (AED) on an adult, child, and infant
- Choking and airway obstruction management
- Shock management
- Wounds, bleeding management
- Allergy and Anaphylaxis management
- Respiratory distress, including Asthma management
This course employs a variety of assessment methods in order to determine competency. These include verbal questioning, multiple choice questions, practical scenarios and demonstration.
There are no pre-requisites for this CPR course. Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All participants must have an Unique Student Identifier (USI) in order to receive a certificate for any accredited course. You will need your USI to enrol in the course. Create your USI now or find out more »
On successful completion of your course you will be issued electronically, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in:
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, and
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
which will be will be issued by Safety Corp Pty Ltd (RTO #91694)
Which will be will be issued by Safety Corp Pty Ltd (RTO #91694). The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines recommends that HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support skills are refreshed every 3 years and HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) skills are refreshed annually.
Please be familiar with any requirements in your own industry and/or organisation.
Nothing is more important than your family’s well-being.
Let us help you be ready for day-to-day accidents.